At last - fixed RSS feeds
It's been more than two years that this site has been running on Django, but I had never gotten around to making really good RSS feeds. Some entries didn't contain the relevant content, others didn't format it properly, etc.
Fortunately I have learned enough about Django by now that it only took me a few minutes to fix this.. at last. In case you're wondering, I simply use render_to_string and re-use the already existing template snippets in the item_description methods of the feed classes.
It's so obvious, I'm not sure why I didn't think of it when I built this site, which was my first Django project.